This policy was last updated in June 2017.
1. INFORMATION ABOUT US
The website available at www.CareersinCyberSecurity.co.uk ("the Website") is operated by CareersinAudit.com Limited (“we”, “our, “us”), a company registered in England and Wales under company number 05521948 with our registered office at Chester House, 81-83 Fulham High Street, London SW6 3JA, United Kingdom.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 ("the Act"), we are a data controller in respect of the user data we collect. Our data protection number is Z9221299.
2. THE WEBSITE - OVERVIEW
We are an independent provider of a gateway service to those seeking or offering careers in the audit, cyber security and governance-related sectors. If you wish to register with the Website, you may create a personal account which will allow you to create a Public Profile and to store details of your career on the Website. If you do not wish to register, you may still use the Website to search for jobs that match your search criteria. Applying for a job will create a user account, which can be removed if required.
Recruitment companies and other advertisers can access our candidate database (subject to a fee). You have two options regarding the level of access you wish to grant recruitment companies and advertisers to view your Public Profile:
- Fully Viewable: this option will allow recruitment companies and advertisers to view your Public Profile and CV and to contact you directly, should they have an active search account;
- Hidden/Case By Case: this option allows recruitment companies and advertisers to see anonymised details about you (job type, sector, location; no personal or identifiable information); Recruitment companies and advertisers will be required to request permission from you to see your full Public Profile and other details before making contact with you. If interested in viewing your CV, they will request access by email and you will either approve or reject this request via email or on Your Account. Only once approved will your CV be visible to the recruiter.
This is a European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)-ready case-by-case information approval system giving you full ownership of the companies that you wish to view your CV and information.
You must review your Public Profile to ensure you are satisfied with how your profile will appear.
If you wish to de-register from the Website you may do so with immediate effect through the ‘Account Profile’ or ‘CV Upload’ sections of the Website. If this occurs we will archive your Public Profile for possible future reactivation and it will be stored in our database(s). We can also delete your account at your request and your user account will be completely removed from the Website.
[On registration as a user of the Website, and from time to time] you will be offered the choice of receiving email alerts from us and our selected partners.
You must to "opt in" to this service if you wish to receive such emails. You may change your preference at any time through the "edit preferences” section of your account.
Use of the Job Board: The Website may from time to time include chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups on which you can post information. Any information that you post in these areas becomes public information and you should always be careful when deciding to disclose your personal details as part of that information.
3. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to the Website we may automatically collect the following information:
- anonymous information about your visit to the Website, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; the number of pages visited in the session, the length of time spent on each page, and the frequency of visits to the Website; page response times, download errors, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page;
- technical information, including your Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet (we use IP addresses to help us administer the Website and to collect demographic information for aggregation purposes); and
- your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
Information you give to us. You may give us personal information by creating an account, completing forms on our Website or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you complete the contact form, post information to the Website, participate in a competition or a discussion board, or access, information behind a ‘wall’ (where you must provide your personal details such as an email address).
The collected information may include: your name, user-name, nationality, company and job title, contact details including e-mail address, postal address and telephone number), personal summary (career overview), education history, employment history, salary and other details of your total compensation, your language profile, your interests and your CV.
Please note that you can activate the setting on your Internet browser to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your Internet browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the Website.
5. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the ways outlined below. By submitting your information to the Website, you expressly consent to us, and/or any relevant third party using your information in each of these ways.
Information we collect about you. We may use this information:
- to improve the user experience and better understand our users;
- to generate reports to make the site more user friendly and to determine which types of content are most appealing for our users;
- to administer the Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Website about products or services that may interest you or them.
Information you give to us. We may use this information:
- for the purposes of making it available to prospective employers or prospective employees (as the case may be) via the internet in relation to our services, and for assisting in the recruitment process and related administration (subject to the level of access you have granted to your Public Profile;
- to verify your identity; administer your account(s) with us; carry out marketing analysis and obtain your views or comments on the services we provide;
- to contact you or permit selected third parties to contact you with any information we think you might be interested in, such as a monthly newsletter, job offers, new services, or training events. We will not sell your information, trade it with any other company, or use it for any other purpose other than to communicate to you offers about our own service offerings, or closely related events or opportunities we would reasonably consider you to have an interest in based on your initial or any subsequent requests;
- to send you information about our products and services, including third party goods and services which we think may be of interest to you. You can ask us to stop this at any time by logging into the system and un-checking the boxes ‘I wish to receive emails from CareersinCyberSecurity.co.uk’ and ‘I wish to receive emails from third parties’;
- to make general improvements to the Website and to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to aggregate your information on an anonymised basis to create statistics for our own purposes or those of selected third parties; and
- to store, database and archive your information for any of the purposes set out above.
6. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- prospective employers or prospective employees (as the case may be and subject to the level of access you have granted to your Public Profile), and other business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Website;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
7. WHERE WE WILL STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We have implemented technology and policies to safeguard your privacy from unauthorised access and improper use of any financial information you need to input before it is sent to us. Unfortunately, however, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
8. HOW LONG WE WILL KEEP YOUR DATA
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as we deem to be necessary for the relevant activity, and we will keep your data in our databases unless you request otherwise.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
We want to make sure that you are completely happy with the ways in which we hold and use your personal data. If at any time you wish to check, update or amend your personal data or preferences, or if you would like to know what information the company holds about you, you can make a request to have the information shared with you. You can also apply in writing to the above address.
10. CHANGES TO YOUR DETAILS
We aim to keep our records as accurate as possible. If you would like to review or change the details you have supplied us with, please log into your account and make any changes in ‘Your Account’ and ‘CV Upload’. You may update your CV at any time within Your Account and replace any previous versions that may be visible to recruiters and/or used for applying for jobs online.
11. COOKIES POLICY
How We Collect Information
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by the websites that you visit. They are commonly used in order to make websites work by tracking goods that you have placed in a basket, or work more efficiently by remembering your login details, as well as to provide information about the sites usage to the owners of the site.
Types of Cookies
There are three types of cookies dropped and collected by websites. With some exceptions (i.e. websites that fundamentally require cookies in order for website functionality – see below) from 26th May 2012, all cookies must be consented to by a site’s users.
Cookie Type Description
Moderately intrusive: Embedded third-party content and social media-plugins, advertising campaign optimisation
Minimally intrusive: Web analytics / metrics, personalised content / interface
Website Functionality (exempt from changes to privacy regulations): Stop multiple form submissions, load balancing, transaction specific
CareersinCyberSecurity.co.uk collects various anonymous cookies for tracking purposes. Please contact us for a full list of the cookies used on CareersinCyberSecurity.co.uk. Details include; type, name, system, purpose/data held, expiry & cookie behaviour.
Third Party Cookies
Users of the site who wish to share CareersinCyberSecurity.co.uk’s content socially using Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ (the platforms which are currently enabled on the website to allow this function) may have cookies stored on their computers from these third party websites.
Cookies are collected from third party sites so that you can be logged in to your account on their site and share our content simply and easily.
For more information on the cookie policies of these third party sites, please visit their websites. You will be able to control the way cookies are used when you are signed into your accounts on these sites through the privacy settings they have made available to you.
Prohibiting the Collection of Cookies
If you would like to prevent CareersinCyberSecurity.co.uk from collecting cookies when you visit our site, please update your privacy settings in your browser. You can control the kinds of cookies you accept there.
If at any time you would like to contact us with your views about our privacy practices, or with any enquiry relating to your personal information, you can do so by sending us an email.