About the role
Leading companies see project assurance as an integral part of how they manage their projects to protect value and drive strategic initiatives. Risk Assurance specialists help companies to manage their projects with confidence by identifying, measuring and managing risk more effectively over key project controls. Our approach centres on providing advice and assurance that is focused on each client's individual challenges.
In the simplest terms, we help clients to identify measure and manage their project risks more effectively and help them to address their pains with sustainable solutions. Our specialist knowledge in the team extends to, ERP process and controls reviews, ERP Security and controls reviews plus adding value to clients by helping design their ERP security and control environments during implementation. Furthermore we are helping clients with ERP Architecture, Strategy and Road Map support as well as with technical implementations of emerging technologies such as SAP GRC, ERP selection support, ERP and IT systems effectiveness reviews, technology and regulatory compliance and information management analytics and optimisation. Since our expertise spans over a wide range of industries and sectors, on each and every project we undertake the advice and assurance, our support is focused on the individual needs of that client.
You role will be to support the project assurance specialist team and to grow our market footprint. We expect you to bring proven technical experience combined with business process and consultancy skills to have insightful and value add conversations with clients.
Who we're looking for
The successful applicant will be working in our growing Technology Risk Assurance team in the South East region. We are looking for:
- Experience of supporting clients going through project distress is essential;
- Experience of project management, PMO or project assurance is essential.
- A strong deliverer who can support the senior management team in delivering excellent quality reviews every time.
- Able to manage a team successfully, strong people skills.
- Good understanding of project governance methodologies.
- Can talk credibly with clients over project challenges, issues and how to get back on track.
Essential skills and experience
The following skills are required for this role:
- Strong proven experience in a project environment;
- Understanding of key project methodologies;
- Strong focus on risk;
- Experience of IT implementations and/ or business transformations is desirable;
- Strong project management, analytical skills and organisational abilities; PRINCE2 knowledge and/or certification preferred [agile or MSP would also be useful qualifications];
- Focused and initiative driven (required to maximise growth potential) with an ability to build strong relationships with clients and with PwC teams;
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels, and good report writing skills;
- A proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions whilst demonstrating integrity and courage to challenge the status quo;
- Good understanding of common business processes;
- Possession of strong team working skills;
- Well-developed listening and questioning techniques;
- Strong desire for continuous improvement and self-development.
- Prepared to travel in the UK and to a smaller extent overseas, and to work to tight deadlines, when necessary;
- Demonstrate a breadth of experiences that enables you to hold broad business conversations and articulate complex issues to clients in a manner which is clear and unambiguous;
Assurance is a dynamic place to be right now, and the variety of opportunities on offer is unprecedented. It’s work that really does matter. It matters for businesses, governments and society at large. Our team provides confidence on the most complex decisions companies have to take and this provides a wealth of opportunities to everyone who joins us and works with us.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.