This role can be based at either the Birmingham, East Midlands or Milton Keynes offices.
About the team
We are looking for a Programme Assurance specialist to help our clients drive exceptional business performance through better use of technology. You will help clients identify and manage risks over their key projects and programmes. Our approach centres on providing advice and assurance that is focused on each client's individual challenges.
Our Programme Assurance services span the full lifecycle from requirements gathering, through system selection, mobilisation, design, build, test and deployment, to the decommissioning of legacy platforms. We also work closely with specialist teams from across PwC to provide reviews in specific areas like data migration, user and role security and cutover planning, and we enable companies to assess their broader technology priorities by helping them develop business technology strategies and implementation roadmaps.
The Midlands Practice consists of 3 networked offices in Birmingham, the East Midlands (located next to East Midlands Airport) and Milton Keynes. The role can be based in our East Midlands, Birmingham or Milton Keynes office to suit you and will require some travel to cover the Midlands region, and potentially to support national regions.
With a rapidly growing, dynamic marketplace, more than 500 clients and some 600 partners and staff in the region, the Midlands Assurance practice is a great place to build a career. We have a wide variety of clients from entrepreneurial start-ups through to major public sector organisations, FTSE100 members and large global businesses
You will take a leading role in the delivery of IT Programme Assurance services and will grow our footprint in the Midlands market by developing new services and helping to generate new opportunities. You’ll bring proven technical experience combined with project/programme management, business process and consultancy skills to enable insightful and value-adding conversations with clients.
About the role
In this role you’ll be:
- Leading teams that perform reviews over clients’ IT programmes, identifying risks and issues and developing pragmatic recommendations.
- Managing colleagues to provide advisory services ranging from strategy to functional transformation;
- Providing insight to clients related to the integrity of their control environment, the efficiency of processes and the insightfulness of management information.
- Exposure to current thinking in business technology, technology governance and risk management;
- Developing opportunities with new and prospective clients through consultation and by designing innovative assurance activities that address their business needs.
Who we're looking for
We're looking for extremely motivated individuals who will relish the opportunity to work in a growing team with significant possibilities to progress within the firm. The following skills are required for this role:
- Good understanding of standard programme management methods.
- Deep technical IT background and practical experiences, preferably in the delivery or assurance of IT enabled transformation projects and programmes.
- Good understanding of common business processes;
- Strong project management, analytical skills and organisational abilities;
- Focused and initiative driven with an ability to build strong relationships with clients and with PwC teams;
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels, and exemplary report writing skills;
- A proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions, alongside the integrity and courage to challenge the status quo;
- Well-developed listening and questioning techniques;
- Strong desire for continuous improvement and self-development.
- A breadth of experiences that enables you to hold broad business conversations and articulate complex issues to clients in a manner that is clear and unambiguous;
- ACA (or equivalent) fully or part qualified or CIMA qualified; and/or IIA or CISA qualified;
- Experience of reviewing ERP functional and technical design specifications;
- Understanding of Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) and GRC system knowledge.
- Experience in auditing financial controls within a wide range of business processes;
- Experience in evaluating and performing risk assessments at a task and organisation level.
Birmingham, East Midlands, Milton Keynes
Assurance is a dynamic place to be right now, and the variety of opportunities on offer is unprecedented. It’s work that really does matter. It matters for businesses, governments and society at large. Our team provides confidence on the most complex decisions companies have to take and this provides a wealth of opportunities to everyone who joins us and works with us.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.