Information Security & Risk Management (ISRM) team is seeking an exceptional Resiliency Manager. The Resilience Manager is responsible and accountable for partnering with the business to define and implement a resilience strategy that supports the businesses goals and objectives.
This individual will have a strong technical resilience, cyber and cloud background, and have a good understanding of financial services, customer, regulatory and business resilience requirements. Strong coordination skills are essential due to the multiple stakeholders that this role partners with; including application support, shared security services, development, technology operations and product management. The candidate must also have direct experience and effectiveness communicating across all tiers of the organization.
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Accountable owner for driving compliance with resilience; disaster recovery; cyber recovery and backup policies, improvements, and programs aligned to ISRM strategy, and integration of same
- Work with application service managers, application owners, developers and architects to develop strategies and plans for improving resilience, and mitigation techniques for emerging cyber threats, for cloud and traditional data center technologies
- Identify key risks to applications/products and identify solutions and provide guidance
- Manage gaps and track remediation or risk acceptance with ISRM
- Establish clear priorities and executes strategies for successful fulfillment of disaster recovery and resilience related projects based on cost, benefit and alignment with long-term strategies and resources.
- Coordinate large scale disaster recovery and cyber resilience testing and rehearsals
- Engage with the Incident Management and Security Operations Center to ensure constant awareness of emerging risks and co-ordination assistance in major incidents/events, including which will include 24x7x365 availability
- Stays abreast of financial services industry trends in the resilience & information security area and consult key stakeholders accordingly
Strong coordination skills are essential due to the multiple stakeholders that this role partners with; including application support, shared security services, development, technology operations and product management as well as ISRM.
Essential Skills/Experience Required:
- Extensive proven experience and demonstrated success in technology with emphasis on information security, resilience and cloud infrastructure
- Knowledge of financial services, regulatory and compliance requirements
- Experience with interpretation and application of resilience policy and standards
- Knowledge of industry wide information security frameworks including NIST and ISO 27001/2
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong risk analysis and problem solving skills
- Be a team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to communicate design rationale and influence others to move toward consensus
- Must be a strong cross-functional team player with ability to work in a matrix structure across time zone and international boundaries
- The candidate must also have direct experience and effectiveness communicating across all tiers of the organization.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science/ Information Technology/ Information Security or related field or equivalent experience;
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.