The Information Security Risk Management (ISRM) group protects the information assets of Thomson Reuters through managing risk, deploying effective security risk framework and ensuring regulatory compliance. This role will sit within the Security Operations group which provides protects and defends the F&R enterprise. The SIEM Engineer – Security Operations will be responsible for the implementation and daily management of the Security Information and Event Management toolsets.
The ideal candidate will have a background in IBM QRadar and Resilient security tools.
- Responsible for the overall success of the SIEM platform
- Responds to requirements from the SOC and CIRT
- Maintains the health and lifecycle of the SIEM security systems
- Creates and maintains documentation to support platform
- Identifies and implements Security Orchestration and Automation processes for manual incident response activities
- Participates as a key team member for F&R’s 24x7 Security Operations Team
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Security/similar major or 4+ years of related field experience
- Experience as a system integrator on large complex deployments.
- UNIX / Linux deployment experience
- Understanding of REST API development
- General scripting proficiency (i.e. BASH, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Solid understanding of network transport protocols and services (TCP/IP, Syslog, ODBC, SFTP, SSH, PKI, etc.)
- Knowledge of SIEM products.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Evening and weekend hours expected during incidents
- Travel (including international) may be required up to 15%.
- Hands on experience implementing and managing IBM’s QRadar and Resilient tools are strongly preferred
- Any of the following professional certifications are a plus: CISSP – Certified Information Systems Security Professional. CEH – Certified Ethical Hacker, CompTIA Security +, SANS GIAC
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.