The Audit & Risk Recruitment Company (ARRC) have been engaged by this FTSE100 retail/FMCG/consumer goods company to help them recruit a new Senior IT Auditor for their growing team based in Central London.
Following a number of acquisitions the company has a number of different business streams, each at a different stage of their IT life-cycle. Some businesses have outsourced IT resources, others are 'Technology 1st' businesses with cutting-edge, in-house IT resources. The group IT strategy is to develop a modern day, world class, in-house IT function and as such we have a need to recruit a number of IT professionals, including a Senior IT Operational Auditor.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Act as a key team member on a wide variety of Project Assurance, Information Technology and Business Process audits, working in waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Identify IT and business risks, assess the adequacy of control procedures and processes and where appropriate make recommendations for improvement.
- Support Internal Audit to accomplish its overall objectives and to assist the individual audit teams in executing the audit strategy for assigned projects.
- Perform a wide variety of IT audit reviews covering IT processes, pre-implementation projects, post implementation reviews and general computer controls.
- Perform risk analysis for the assigned audit areas and identify appropriate control procedures to address the identified risks in waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Prepare and perform compliance audit tests of control design and effectiveness and substantive audit tests.
- Document and evaluate audit test results in accordance with defined plans, budgets, and schedules, Audit Methodology, IIA (Institute of Internal Auditors) and other applicable standards.
- Report observations, including root cause, business impact and identification of alternative controls. Develop recommendations for improving risk management processes, procedures, and controls.
- Evaluate compliance with Corporate Policies, Technical Standards and generally accepted best practice.
- Assess IT control procedures to mitigate IT risks including process integrity, data availability and security access. Evaluate overall hardware and software platforms including network and telecommunications infrastructure
What you need to know
Candidates at this level should demonstrate a fundamental knowledge of generally accepted IT audit standards, statements and practices, and IT security and control practices, and have experience of auditing in an agile and waterfall environment.
We're keen to talk to candidates from a wide variety of backgrounds and with a variety of different qualifications.
The Audit & Risk Recruitment Company - Experts in Audit and Risk Recruitment!