Locations: Telford, Newcastle, London, Manchester, Nottingham
Salary: London - £39,061 to £42,967, National - £36,111 to £39,722
Why Choose Us?
Internal Audit is at the very heart of HMRC and we work with every area of the department providing assurance on governance, risk management and controls. We are actively brought in early to help the business design assurance into new products and processes including providing real time advice & support during development of control frameworks. We also undertake compliance audits on key controls. We are recruiting enthusiastic individuals who are keen to improve public services. We need people who bring practicality, pragmatism and customer focus to our audits. You need to be a strong influencer, a good communicator and be able to move easily between team player and audit leader as the situation requires having the ability to manage against resources and budgets.
We are looking for experienced Internal Auditors or Accountants, specialising in IT, to support the delivery of assurance to the CEO/Accounting Officer.
It is a critical time for IT professionals and internal auditors of IT, who must build plans to provide assessments of, and insights into, the most important technology risks and how to mitigate them. HMRC Internal Audit (IA) must keep abreast of, and wherever possible, anticipate fast-moving developments in technology. In particular, IA must plan, deliver and, when necessary, flex its audit plan in such a way that it responds to these changes in the most appropriate, efficient and effective manner. Internal Audit have been focused on core operations risks, such as unauthorised access or changes to critical business applications. But we are shifting our attention towards emerging risks, such as use of AI and robotics, Cloud Computing and the Internet of Things; connecting devices to the internet and to each other. Working with Chief Digital Information Office (CDIO) and using the COBIT 5 framework, we are building a holistic view of assurance over new risks from across the organisation, but also to ensure we cover core critical IT processes that need to operate effectively every day. We also cover key components such as cyber defences around data, applications and infrastructure.
- A qualified Internal Auditor or Accountant (CMIIA/CCAB/CIMA/CISA or equivalent with your log book completed and signed off);
- audit experience with ITGC's and auditing IT systems, or experience from working within an IT assurance function;
- a strong analytical thinker who can solve problems and work out what needs to be done and take pride in doing it to completion;
- an effective communicator both orally and verbally, possessing excellent interpersonal skills, being able to relate to people at all levels in an organisation and to establish and maintain respect both professionally and personally;
- an independent thinker who can confidently express their views and make decisions;
- highly organised, with the ability to work on and manage multiple projects within tight timelines and with minimal supervision;
- a team player who can also exercise their initiative;
- adaptable to shifts in business focus and customer needs;
- able to demonstrate resilience and tact in the face of challenging circumstances;
- genuinely interested in auditing and be looking to develop your career with us.
- experience extracting and analysing data from a variety of systems
As an employer of choice, HMRC offers the following benefits.
- 22 days’ annual leave on entry, increasing to 25 after the first year, in addition to 8-10 public holidays dependent on where you live in the UK. This increases to 30 days after 10 years’ service. This will be complimented by one further paid privilege day;
- five days of learning and development every year for all employees;
- opportunities to work flexibly that recognise the importance of a good work/life balance, including compressed hours and working from home;
- joining the Civil Service also opens you up to a whole world of career and development opportunities across government with a range of support to help you meet your full potential;
- the Civil Service offers pension arrangements which are part of the reward package; membership of the pension scheme offers a range of benefits that will provide financial security both in the time up to retirement and beyond.
Closing Date – 3rd April
Interview Date - Week commencing 16th April
Please do not wait until the closing date to apply as initial interviews will be conducted throughout the process.
For more information, contact Eleanor De Nardo on 0207 259 8745.