To support the Head of Internal Audit and the Senior Internal Audit Manager in delivering the organisation’s internal audit service, providing an assurance to the Chief Executive and Audit Committee on the organisation’s risk management, control and governance arrangements.
- To undertake audit assignments as directed by the Head of Internal Audit, Senior Internal Audit Manager and Audit Committee reviewing and reporting on the organisation’s risk management, control and governance arrangements, including operational and developing activities. The post holder will draft final audit reports for approval and distribution to HM Land Registry senior management and Audit Committee. The role will be largely, but not exclusively, centred around providing assurance on transformation and digital/technology-related activity.
- To support managers throughout the organisation by responding to requests for advice or help on any risk or control issue or special investigation; through membership of Boards and Committees; and by undertaking consultancy reviews.
- To assist the Head of Internal Audit and the Senior Internal Audit Manager in the management and continued development of the internal audit service, including development of policy/strategy and procedures.
- To keep abreast of both technical and professional developments, including maintaining Continuing Professional Education (CPE) requirements.
Responsible for ensuring audit assignments are delivered to time, quality standards and budget including good stewardship e.g. ensuring good value for money from travel arrangements.
Additional Requirements (e.g. travelling, weekend working)
The jobholder will be expected to potentially travel to all offices within HM Land Registry to complete internal audits as part of the job requirement.
- Relevant internal Audit qualification OR Accountancy qualification
- Relevant IT audit qualifications would be a distinct advantage
- Relevant programme/project delivery qualifications
- Recent internal audit experience, demonstrating good audit and assurance knowledge and expertise
- Knowledge and experience of auditing organisational transformation activity and delivery of digital products and/or technology
- Experience of working within a geographically dispersed team
- Broad knowledge of HM Land Registry operations
- Experience of using Computer Aided Audit Tools (CAATs), for example IDEA
- Experience of creating/maintaining organisational assurance maps
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Understands and can assess the balance between managing risk and taking risks in the overall strategy of the organisation
- Understands risks, their impact on the organisation and how information systems may be used to help manage risk and provide assurance across the whole of the organisation
- Clear understanding of good practice within systems, controls and processes
- Strong verbal and written skills