My client located in Antwerp are looking for Senior Data scientists to join their team. The work they do uses Data Science and the IoT to help learn and tailor technologies to match the users of their products and solutions behaviours and needs. This is otherwise known as content monetisation. My client offers a platform for which companies and consumers can monitor real-world timelines and realistic behaviours. They can do this in relation to Smart Home Technologies, Insurance, Health, Mobility, Commerce, and Connected Car technologies.
- You will design and implement state-of-the-art methods for both supervised and unsupervised learning.
- You will work with big data (GPS fixes and sensors) from hundreds of thousands of users.
- You will train algorithms to predict low events concepts (type of transports, home/work location) and human behavior (commuting, sporting, shopping).
- You will help the team to improve upon current methods and models. With a practical mindset you will bring these models into a production environment.
- Your software development experience will allow you to closely collaborate with our Data Engineering team to improve our models and push them through our release process.
Desired skills and expertise
- You have a masters degree or PhD in computer science or a related field.
- You are an expert in machine learning and data modeling.
- You have proven experience with generative (e.g. Gaussian Mixture Models) and discriminative (e.g. Random Forest) classification techniques.
- You possess a deep understanding of clustering, manifold learning and predictive modeling techniques.
- You have a strong mathematical background and analytical mindset.
- You are fluent in English.
- You can work independently and take matters into your own hands.
- You have software development experience in Python.
- The ability to quickly learn new technologies and successfully implement them is a true strength of yours.
- Deep Learning; LSTMs, Convolutional neural networks, etc.
- Sensor data modeling from mobile devices or wearables
- Data engineering expertise
- Experience with Java
- Mealvouchers (EUR 1.520 net per year)
- Eco vouchers (EUR 250 net per year)
- Representation (EUR 1.200 net per year)
- Vacation (20 days)
- Phone + subscription (EUR 50)
- 50% discount on gym membership.
- Plus: depending on level and necessity: car (Toyota auris) + fuel card
Please note that the client will accept visa sponsorship and are open to relocation.
Please apply for the position directly and i will try to get back to you as soon as possible.