The Audit & Risk Recruitment Company (ARRC) have been mandated to work with a London based Fin-tech Company on a 9-month Fixed Term Contract role for a Risk Assurance Auditor role. Due to a recent promotion in the team there is an opportunity for an experienced auditor to potentially make their first step into a financial services environment to be a part of a team-working and relaxed working culture. There is a good possibility for this contract position to turn permanent.
The role is paying circa £65K pro rata with a generous package of guaranteed 30 annual leave days plus bank holidays and the opportunity to work from home 1 day a week once the probation period has been successfully passed. Travel is less than 10%.
Roles and responsibilities
- Identify, evaluate and report on risks and controls in the end-to-end clearing and service processes.
- Supporting the team when reporting high level of assurance to the relevant stakeholders as part of the second line of defence team.
- Understanding and identifying the risk and control appetite across the business and being able to challenge senior stakeholders within the company.
- Leading end-to-end audits whilst mitigating risks and providing assurance.
- Conduct audit and risk reviews and writing up risk assurance reports with recommendations within the pre-arranged time period.
- Must have experience of a risk-based approach to internal controls
- Experience leading audits end-to-end in an operational/IT audit environment with a team and independently.
- It is not necessary to have worked within a financial services company previously, but it is desirable.
- Minimum 5 years experience in an IT audit function with preferably a qualification such as CISA, ACCA or university degree.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills that demonstrates proactivity.
The Audit & Risk Recruitment Company - Experts in Audit and Risk recruitment