Quantitative Model Risk Analyst - Up to £80,000 per annum with a flexible approach to remote working
Your new company
A leading bank based in Edinburgh currently have a requirement in the Model Risk Validation team. Our client has a flexible approach to home working and encourage teams to work from home minimum twice per week.
Your new role
Your new role is working within our clients Model Risk Validation team and your remit will be to focus on reviewing and validating assigned models, primarily those for valuation of financial instruments and other areas as required, whilst ensuring they are fit for purpose. You will use your expertise in quantitative modelling techniques gained in a business or applied academic research.
Models can impact customer experience, supporting growth and assisting in maintaining the strength and sustainability of the bank. These models are used for customer, business and strategic decision making, as well as disclosures and regulatory calculations.
What you'll need to succeed
Our client is seeking a candidate with a postgraduate degree (to at least Master's level) in a highly-quantitative subject such as, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics or Quantitative Finance. You will have a strong combination of problem-solving and analytical skills and the ability to simplify complex concepts to senior management.
You'll also demonstrate:
- Expertise in complex quantitative modelling and analysis, gained through previous business experience in banking or other financial institutions, or through applied academic research
- Familiarity with financial markets and financial products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work on your own initiative when required, to deliver multiple projects to demanding deadlines
- Programming skills in C++, R, Python or a similar language
- Experience with Credit Derivative models and business knowledge of traded Credit products will be a significant advantage
What you'll get in return
Flexible approach to home working and you can expect to work from home 2 days a week as a minimum. You will receive a base salary of up to £80,000 plus a 30% value account.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.