Financial & Risk is looking for a few highly skilled cyber security specialists to help staff a new location in the central business district of Nottingham, UK. This new facility will be home to a number of critical cyber security disciplines, designed to improve the overall security posture of F&R– including its assets, data and operations. Be part of an exciting, fast-paced environment that will help F&R strengthen its position.
The Information Security team seeks a high-energy, motivated individual who combines solid technical credentials with a high degree of business acumen for the position of Network Security Architect within the Secure Architecture & Design team. In this role, you will collaborate with technology peers and business partners to deliver multiple network security initiatives for the company. Holistic network security has been defined as a strategic direction for Thomson Reuters and a cornerstone of security for both infrastructure and product. This vison will be implemented in Thomson Reuters data centers, in cloud services world-wide and will be leveraged by a diverse set of enterprise technologies across all business units.
- Conceptualize, lead, & deliver network security initiatives covering on-prem & public cloud environments
- Primary responsibilities include performing project-based engineering, design, installation and troubleshooting of network and security solutions.
- LAN and WAN routing and switching design, configuration and deployment in small to very large and complex environments including low latency global financial systems.
- Provide network engineering consulting services, including: assessment, design and implementation of network and security products/solutions
- Provide technical leadership on complex projects requiring teams of engineers.
- Develop comprehensive graphical and text-based design documentation and effectively manage the implementation process from design to customer acceptance
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Expert-level knowledge and experience with design, implementation and support of the following:
- Multi-protocol environments, with mutual redistribution of routing protocols
- NGFW/Firewalls/VPNs (Cisco is a must, Palo Alto/Juniper/Check Point are a plus)
- Content Security (Cisco ESA/WSA/CWS strongly desired)
- Prior experience in delivering firewall security initiatives covering firewall policy audits, automating firewall policy audits, & reporting progress for leadership
- Programmable Infrastructure (APIs, Scripting, PYTHON, JSON) strongly desired
- Complex routing and switching solutions (Cisco is a must, Nexus strongly preferred)
- Network Access Control, including Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) implementation design, configuration, and deployment
- Prior experience in architecting & delivering secure DMZs for hosting internet facing applications, 3rd party connections
- Intrusion Detection System / Intrusion Prevention System solutions (Sourcefire/Palo Alto a plus)
- Malware Prevention (Sourcefire/Palo Alto)
- Load balancing/Acceleration solutions (Cisco, Citrix, F5, Riverbed) strongly desired
- Authentication solutions including 802.1x/RADIUS/TACACS, Cisco ACS and RSA
- Extensive networking experience, including configuring, analyzing & troubleshooting complex networks
- CCIE R&S (Lab certified), CCNA
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.