This major multinational financial services organisation is one of the largest businesses of it’s type in the World. However the audit function is still small enough that you can enjoy significant responsibility and gain the opportunity to make a real difference in a genuinely friendly and team-focused environment. The Audit leadership team really do passionately believe that the function “lives or dies by the team” and has a strong ethos of work/life balance – a culture that can be rare to find in financial services.
The business has a large number of IT change and transformation programs in place and so have created a dedicated Project Audit team within the Internal Audit function. The global Project Audit team is relatively flat and reports into the UK-based Global Head of Project Audit. The team work on a virtual basis on business critical IT change ad transformations projects that span literally every service line of the business.
This newly created position reports directly in to the Global Head of Project Audit . This rare opportunity offers exposure to some very senior stakeholders and project managers working on large scale projects across all of the key business areas of the organisation, most of which are valued in the US$10M-US$25M range. In essence you will be undertaking audit work to establish the effectiveness of controls over all aspects of project management, project governance and ultimately to evaluate whether the implemented solution has the right controls in place. You will gain exposure to every part of the audit process from risk-based planning and stakeholder engagement, through execution, identification of issues and delivering and negotiating recommendations with management. The team are expected to think creatively about new and or changing risks and exercise real judgement rather than following previous audit processes.
This opportunity is part of a virtual global team and most work is undertaken at your base location so the requirement to travel is low. There is a strong track record of career development right across the audit function and senior leadership team are proud to have supported the progression of team members into other areas of the business both in the UK and overseas. In addition the business is proud to promote a culture of work life balance and even supports flexible home working.
As the ideal candidate you will:
- Be an experienced IT Auditor or Business Auditor with exposure to auditing major capital projects/change programs or as a very minimum have pre and/or post implementation audit experience
- Have a clear understanding of the risks associated with change programs and understand how to audit those risks
- DEFINITELY have the confidence, communication skills and engaging style to be able to build relationships and influence with senior Project Managers and Business Heads right across the organisation
- Be a strong team player with enthusiasm and the genuine ambition to build your career
- Be pro-active, a self starter and able to work in a team but also able to take responsibility for your own workload
- Ideally hold a relevant Project Management or Audit qualification
- Ideally have exposure to the financial services sector but candidates with experience of other regulated industries will also be considered
- Be mindful of the need for Audit to remain objective and independent
In return this opportunity offers a basic salary of up to £55,000 plus bonus, generous pension, PMI and the opportunity for flexible working.