About the team
With the emergence of new and game-changing technologies IT Internal Audit is becoming more in-demand. We require an individual to work across our technology risk and internal audit teams to deliver high quality IT Internal Audits, ensuring we build strong relationships with our clients and leading teams to ensure that we are adding exceptional value through our reviews and in identifying solutions to business challenges that are identified.
Technology Risk Assurance specialists help companies to assure their technology risks with confidence by identifying, measuring and managing risk more effectively over key controls. Our approach centers on providing advice and assurance that is focused on each client's individual challenges.
In the simplest terms, we;
- Provide technology, controls and data assurance over a multitude of financial processes and systems.
- Identify process and control weaknesses providing practical recommendations for improvement.
- Review the IT General Control environment to enable better controls to be built into processes and systems.
- Through using data techniques identified data processing errors and inefficiencies e.g. manual journals processing.
- Provided perspectives around the IT operating model - including views on management’s governance arrangements over risk and controls, views on people and capability and the use of technology to optimise controls and compliance activities.
We expect you to bring proven technical experience combined with business process and consultancy skills to have insightful and value add conversations with clients.
The Midlands Practice consists of 3 networked offices in Birmingham, the East Midlands (located next to East Midlands Airport) and Milton Keynes. The role could be based in any office but may require some travel to cover the Midlands region, and potentially to support national regions. We will consider both full time and part time candidates.
With a rapidly growing, dynamic marketplace, more than 500 clients and some 600 partners and staff in the region, the Midlands Assurance practice is a great place to build a career. We have a wide variety of clients from entrepreneurial start-ups through to major public sector organisations, FTSE100 members and large global businesses
About the role
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Designing and leading reviews over clients’ IT systems, controls, processes or programmes, identifying risks and issues and developing pragmatic recommendations.
- Running teams, coaching more junior colleagues to provide advisory services ranging from strategy to functional transformation;
- Providing insight to clients related to the integrity of their control environment, the efficiency of processes and the insightfulness of management information.
- Exposure to current thinking in business technology, technology governance and risk management;
- Assisting the wider team in developing opportunities with new and prospective clients through consultation and by designing innovative assurance activities that address their business needs.
Essential skills and experience
The following skills are required for this role:
- Experience of designing, delivering and leading IT Internal Audit engagements.
- A strong understanding of the technology landscape and emerging risks
- Good understanding of common business processes;
- Strong desire for continuous improvement and self-development.
- Excellent networking and relationship skills
- A strong leader who can support the senior management team in delivering excellent quality reviews every time.
- Able to manage a team successfully, strong people skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels, and good report writing skills
- A proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions whilst demonstrating integrity and courage to challenge the status quo
- Can talk credibly with clients over technology challenges, issues and how to provide assurance.
- Business development experience is desired
- One of ACA, ACCA or IIA would be desired, but is not essential
- Understanding of Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) and GRC system knowledge.
- Understanding of financial controls within a wide range of business processes;
- Experience in evaluating and performing risk assessments at a task and organisation level.
Who we’re looking for
We're looking for extremely motivated individuals who will relish the opportunity to work in a growing team with significant possibilities to progress within the firm.
Birmingham, East Midlands, Milton Keynes
Assurance is a dynamic place to be right now, and the variety of opportunities on offer is unprecedented. It’s work that really does matter. It matters for businesses, governments and society at large. Our team provides confidence on the most complex decisions companies have to take and this provides a wealth of opportunities to everyone who joins us and works with us.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.