This major global player in investment management, custodial and investment services has a well established and long standing reputation, yet continues to innovate and to grow both organically and through acquisition. The business has a strong culture of employee recognition and a culture of philanthropy that takes sustainability and social responsibility seriously and values it’s employees accordingly.
Even though the business is one of the largest investment management firms in the World, the EMEA Technology Audit function is still small enough that you can enjoy significant responsibility and gain the opportunity to make a real difference in a genuinely friendly and team-focussed environment. The European Head of Technology Audit really does passionately believe that the function “lives or dies by the team” and there is cultural DNA of work/life balance – with regular 9.00 to 5.30 hours and the opportunity to work from home for up to 2 days per week. This sort of culture can be rare to find in a large global financial services business.
Based in Canary Wharf, this position reports to the EMEA Senior Manager for IT Audit and has been newly created as a result of increased audit coverage and a desire to continue to engage and develop relationships with senior stakeholders. The role offers exposure to all of the key business areas of the organisation and a significant amount of stakeholder engagement and relationship management. The team undertake a 60/40 mix of integrated audits versus pure technology audit work spanning applications, client/server technology platforms and infrastructure as well as project audits and other ad-hoc work. As well as taking overall responsibility for the planning and delivery of individual reviews, you will have the opportunity to take lead audit responsibility on a rotational basis, covering every part of the audit process from risk-based planning and stakeholder engagement, through execution, leading the team, identification of issues and delivering and negotiating recommendations with management as well as remediation. The team are expected to think creatively about new and or changing risks and exercise real judgement rather than following previous audit processes.
This role has limited travel that is unlikely to exceed 10% though you will work collaboratively on a “virtual” basis with other members of the EMEA and Global team . There is a strong track record of career development within the team and the EMEA Head of Technology Audit is proud to have supported the progression of team members on from IT Audit into IT Operations, Risk, Information Risk Management and Compliance both in London and overseas. There is also the opportunity for flexible working - meaning you could work from home for up to 2 days per week.
As the ideal candidate you will:
- Be an experienced IT Auditor/IT Audit Manager with a proven background in either a Big 4/larger practice firm or within a multinational business environment
- Financial Services sector experience is advantageous but not essential so this could be a great opportunity for someone with more of a commercial background who is keen to get into FS
- Have experience of working on a diverse range of IT audits – either infrastructure or applications based or both
- Have exposure to common IT audit practices, standards and processes (eg ITIL, COBIT, FFIEC, ISO27001, Prince, CAAT etc)
- Ideally have a relevant IT degree or business degree and/or CISA, CISSP, QiCA etc
- Be a strong team player with enthusiasm and the genuine ambition to build your career
- Have strong communication skills, an engaging style and the ability to build relationships and successfully influence a wide variety of stakeholders – both in the Technology population and across the wider business.
In return this opportunity offers a basic salary up to £75,000 plus bonus, generous pension, PMI and the opportunity for flexible working