Exciting IT Audit Opportunity based in Cornwall
Not for Profit organisation based in Cornwall
- To support Audit Management in positioning the Internal Audit function as a proactive, customer-focussed service team which is regarded as a credible and highly valued function at the centre of the organisation's governance framework.
- To independently undertake highly complex, sensitive and high profile programmes / projects and change management assurance reviews across the organisation and produce quality audit reports to help the organisation achieve its objectives.
- To provide assurance to those that sponsor, govern and manage programmes and projects to help them make better informed decisions which reduce the causes of project failure, promote the conditions for success and increase the chance of delivering the required outcome cost-effectively.
- To supervise and mentor junior members of staff and review work of other Principal Auditors as required.
- To assure application of effective change methodologies and standards and the embedding of the organisation's Risk Management Framework, including challenging programme leaders on risk identification, assessment and reporting against risk appetite.
- To drive and lead change and provide senior management throughout the organisation with a value-add service enabling them to improve the effectiveness of their governance, risk management and control environment.
- To support the identification of "Lessons Learned" that can help improve the performance of programmes / projects or to improve the performance of future projects by undertaking a forensic review to uncover problems to be avoided.
- To lead assignments and client liaison for engagement with group companies, external clients to deliver quality and value for money services.
- To prepare and deliver effective presentations to clients as a means of communicating and gaining their agreement and understanding of audit plans and audit results.
- To deputise for the Head of Audit / Principal Audit Manager at internal and external meetings as required.
- Fully qualified (CMIIA / CCAB or a recognised project management qualification).
- Educated to A Level or equivalent and a member of a professional body with clear evidence of continuing professional development.
- Extensive experience of auditing large programme, projects and change management initiatives in a large in large organisations at a Senior Auditor level.
- Proven experience of working independently to deliver robust, independent assurance to plan, across strategic transformation programmes and change portfolios in large organisations.
- Demonstrable comprehensive understanding of project management principles, practices and methodologies.
- Extensive experience of building credible and powerful relationships with senior stakeholders, demonstrating robust judgement, insight and thought leadership.
- Practical and proven experience of using different change audit methodologies, tools and processes as well as familiarity with end to end process modelling and best practice project methodologies.
- Proven experience of delivering high impact assurance and consultancy reviews across a number of strategic areas that have resulted in the organisation improving its performance, risk management, governance and internal controls.
- Extensive experience of developing and implementing effective assurance arrangements and tools to support effective independent assurance of Portfolio, Programme and Project activity.
- Extensive experience of generating outcomes that demonstrate commercial awareness and that improve change governance, business processes and controls.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to convey information succinctly and concisely.
£36,44k salary dependent on experience.
Excellent benefits package.
Potential relocation package on offer.