Internal Audit serves as an independent monitoring function which reports to the Chairman of the Group Board. Through the completion of the annual audit plan, Internal Audit aims to: - support the Company in mitigating its main strategic, operational, compliance and financial risks, - contribute to the continuous improvement of processes and controls, and - identify and share best practices
- Execute audit assignment tasks under the supervision and guidance of the Internal Audit Lead Manager, ensuring that they are completed within the allotted timeframe:
- Gather, analyse and interpret data
- Organise meetings and conduct interviews with auditees
- Perform testing of controls
- Identify draft audit findings and recommendations
- Discuss draft audit findings and recommendations with auditees
- Complete working papers and documentation to Internal Audit quality standards.
- Draft audit findings and recommendations in clear and concise written English. Draft other sections of the audit assignment report as requested by the Internal Audit Lead Manager.
- Participate in the preparation of the Internal Audit Assignment Planning Memorandum which sets out the objectives and scope of the audit assignment. Assist the Internal Audit Lead Manager to:
- Gather and review background information on the business to be reviewed
- Identify key risks and challenges
- Derive audit objectives and scope from the assessment of key risks and challenges
- Draft the Internal Audit Assignment Planning Memorandum for review by the Internal Audit Regional Director.
Qualifications & Experience
- Relevant university degree or professional qualification such as accounting, finance, business economics, information technology, computing, CPA, ACCA, CIA, CISA, CISM.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in IT external audit, IT internal audit, or in a relevant IT operational role.
- Awareness of how IT systems supports business processes and the concepts of infrastructure controls underpinning application and business process controls.
- High familiarity with technology infrastructure and/or SAP either through hands-on experience in an IT operational role or extensive IT auditing.
- Familiarity with accounting principles and standards, audit techniques and standards, corporate governance and risk management.
Please note: There are no direct reports for this position and you MUST have a genuine interest (at least) in Data Analytics.