This exciting $8bn listed US multinational is the global leader in it’s key market and has continued to grow both organically and through acquisition to over 50,000 employees and a presence in over 100 countries worldwide.
The Global Head of Internal Audit has developed a high profile and extremely well regarded global audit team of c20 – most of whom are based in London. Internal Audit is positioned as a true “business partner” and is seen as a key value adding function right up to CFO/main board level. The Global Head is passionate about developing the team and often recruits from within the business as the team is perceived as a training ground for high performing talent. Typically members of the audit team spend 2-3 years in audit before leveraging the unparalleled exposure they gain to secure progression opportunities within other parts of the business - both in the UK and overseas. Hence the business has an excellent record of staff retention.
The audit team is split between Business Audit and IT Audit approximately 2/3rds to 1/3rd by headcount. IT is central to the operations of the business and so IT risk management is key – particularly IT security risks and hence why there is a proportionally much larger IT audit team than you might normally find. After Sales, IT represents the largest function in the business by headcount so the scope for onward progression into IT operations is huge. The business is truly global so you can expect to travel for 50% of the time – to both short haul and long haul destinations. Technically the work is challenging because like any acquisitive business, they have a wide range of IT systems and applications. The technical nature of the work will be broad covering a mixture of Infrastructure, Applications (including overlapping business controls), IT Process audits and Change Management/Project audits
The Global Head of Audit is currently seeking an experienced and commercially “sharp” IT Audit Director to lead the IT audit function and it is anticipated that this role will become the natural succession plan for the Global Head of Internal Audit.
Reporting directly to the Global Head of Audit, this opportunity carries full responsibility for leading the IT Audit function, though there may also be a small hands-on element of planning and leading of audit projects. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Development of the annual IT audit plan working closely with the Global Head of Internal Audit, CISO, CTO and other senior stakeholders
- Delivery of the annual IT audit plan and appropriate shaping of the IT audit function
- Leading, coaching and development of the IT audit team of 7 (split between London and the US) including full HR responsibility, appraisals and recruitment/retention
- Manage the co-source relationship and resources
- Continued improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the IT audit function by improving internal processes
- Pro-actively and positively engage with senior stakeholders across the business to further the excellent reputation of the audit function
As the ideal candidate, you:
- Must hold an IT/business related degree or MSc
- Must be CISA/CISM qualified or have an equivalent IT audit qualification
- Have a minimum of c15 years experience covering a wide range of IT audits either within the IA function of a multinational corporate environment or within a larger practice firm (US/ IT SOX experience is beneficial)
- Should demonstrate a high degree of ambition and a track record of career progression
- Will have the confidence and ability to communicate with, and to influence, senior stakeholders
- Will have excellent verbal and written communication skills with passion and a “can-do” attitude
- Need to be flexible to travel for up to 50% of the time. Travel will be a mixture of both short haul (UK/Europe) and long haul (US, Canada, Australia)
You must be eligible to work within the UK to be considered for this opportunity. On offer is a salary of circa £100,000 - £110,000 plus car allowance, bonus and benefits. The role is London based but will require some international travel (c40%).