Our client is a US listed technology and telecommunications business that generates over US$10bn in annual revenues. The business has a global footprint and continues to expand aggressively in emerging market locations. The business has recently undertaken a significant strategic review and made a number of new appointments at the Executive Board level to facilitate the new growth plan for the business.
The internal audit function is seen as an key strategic advisor by the Board so under a newly appointed Group Director of Audit the function is restructuring and upskilling to support the business in understanding the risks and controls issues created by the business model.
Based in the Head Office this role will take responsibility for the following areas:
- Quality Assurance – set up an IT Audit quality assurance team and lead the quality assurance process to support audit delivery across all Operating Companies audit teams within the function.
- Methodology – help embed the new IT Audit methodology across the function and contribute to the continuous development of our IA methodology, knowledgebase and tools.
- Transformation – support the Group Director and other directors in the team in the ongoing journey to modernize, evolve and transform Internal Audit into a highly effective team, and raising the profile and calibre of the function.
- Talent Management – develop the talent in the Group wide IA team by coaching and training the team to optimize performance and to become world class auditors.
- Performance Management – contribute and drive elements to define, implement, measure and monitor performance metrics for the function.
- Audit Committee and Group Executive Committee Reporting – contribute to the preparation and ongoing improvements to the papers for these Committees/Board.
- Customer Relationships – build and maintain strong and positive relationships with our internal customers in the business, including key senior stakeholders to understand their requirements, partner with them and add value, and with our external auditors.
The preferred candidate will offer the following competencies and qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in related field (Technology, Finance, Accounting, Commerce, Economics etc.) and an internationally recognized professional qualification.
- Previous work experience should including “Big 4” Internal Audit Services or “in-house” internal audit experience gained in a large, international listed company with a high performance culture.
- Strong IT Auditing skills and experienced at building bespoke audit programs, developing test scripts and executing testing where required. Whilst this is a primary a business audit role, hybrid applicants with both IT and business audit experience are highly desirable.
- A strategic thinker with a high degree of analytical talent and business process understanding with strong commercial acumen and business insight.
- An effective relationship manager, able to establish and maintain strong relations with company management and external business partners both national and internationally. Previous experience in this area should have been gained working on inter-country and on cross-functional projects in multinational environments.
This individual must also be willing to travel internationally around 30% of the time.