My client, a leading global financial services firm is looking to hire an IT Audit Associate based in London. The position reports into the Head of IT Audit and has responsibility for assisting and leading the risk assessment, scoping and planning of reviews. The organisation provides investment banking, securities and investment management services and the role holder will have the chance to gain exposure to broad a range complex applications within a Bulge Bracket bank.
The salary range on offer is £50,000 - £75,000 base + package
For each assigned review you will report to an experienced project manager. You will be expected to:
- Assist / Lead the risk assessment, scoping and planning of a review.
- Assist / Lead in executing the review. Specifically focusing on the following:
- Design and execute tests to validate identified application system controls, which may require data analysis, code inspection and re-performance of system processes.
- Analyse the design of controls around the underlying system architecture in the context of information technology controls such as security, availability and performance and their impact on the business.
- Analyse the business and technology processes to evaluate the effectiveness of the relevant technology controls.
- Validate that system features meet business, technology and regulatory requirements.
- Validate the quality of internal SOX assessments.
- Document the results of the test steps executed within the IA automated document project repository.
- Assist/Lead in the report preparation
- Assist/Lead in presenting the scope, progress and results of the review to internal, IT and business stakeholders.
- Minimum 3 years work experience, with 1 year minimum auditing experience
- Possess a degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent
- Technology audit skills including an understanding of:
- System architecture, with high level understanding of databases, operating systems and messaging
- Prior experience of testing automated IT application controls
- Data analysis skills
- Writing database queries in SQL is desirable
- Ability to review code
- Financial Services knowledge and financial product knowledge is desirable
- Ability to work effectively across a large audit team, understanding the team's role in the overall strategy of the firm
- Written and verbal communication skills a must; strong interpersonal skills essential. Job requires frequent interaction with technology management
- Must be able to multitask while managing both time and work load
- Must be highly motivated with strong analytical skills, willing and able to learn new business and system processes quickly
Please apply immediately to be considered for this opportunity