Job Introduction Featured in the Sunday Times best companies to work for, Skipton Building Society is one of the largest Building Societies in the UK; fostering a progressive culture and a diverse, inclusive workforce.
Based in our offices in scenic Skipton, an exciting opportunity has now arisen for an experienced Assistant IT Manager to develop their skills and take their career to the next level. The role offers a host of outstanding benefits; including flexible working hours (part-time considered), and the opportunity to undertake additional fully-paid qualifications (relevant to the role).
With a focus on Information Security and Information Technology Risks, you will be tasked with leading a variety of IT audit assignments within the internal audit team. The role promises a great deal of autonomy, as you will be leading and coaching small teams, as well as working closely with key senior stakeholders. You can also expect to take on varied, stimulating work across the entire Skipton Group of companies within the UK and New Zealand.
Who we’re looking for?
To succeed in this role, you should have a strong IT internal audit background, ideally within Financial Services or in a practice environment. A self-starter with an appetite to learn, you should be an efficient and effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to adapt to changing priorities. The following key skills and personal characteristics are also required:
- Professional Audit Qualification (ideally CISA), and strong academic background, ideally educated to degree level
- Experience of leading and undertaking varying technical IT audits (e.g. Audit of Network / Infrastructure security
- A willingness to undertake some work away from home is essential (this may be up to 30% of your time but typically in spells of no longer than two weeks)
About the Society
At Skipton Building Society we are not just another Financial Services Institution we are a mutual organisation, which means we are owned by our members and believe in placing them at the heart of everything we do.
The same goes for our people. We can only be successful as a business if we have great people and we believe in treating people as individuals. Our values are Trust, Ownership and One Team which reflect the attitudes and way of working everyone here displays on a daily basis, and which are key to the delivery of the outstanding level of personal service we offer our customers.
In return for all your hard work and commitment, you will get the support and recognition you deserve. You can expect a structured training and development programme tailored to your needs. You will also be eligible for the following:
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Life Cover
- 25 days’ holiday, plus one day for each year you’re with us, up to a maximum of 30 days (pro rata when working on a reduced hours basis)
- SBS offer a range of preferential employee savings & insurance products
- Paid course fees to study for a professional qualification (where relevant to the role)
- Childcare vouchers
- Head Office onsite shop and internet cafe
- An opportunity to join Simply Health Cash Plan – offering twenty annual benefits including dental care, optical care and physiotherapy
- Option to donate to charity direct through Payroll Giving
- Online employee benefits scheme offering discounts with hundreds of high street and online retailers
- Eye Tests
- Car Allowance – if applicable to role
- More senior roles also offer access to group income protection and private medical care