The Council’s Internal Audit, Risk and Insurance Service is currently undergoing significant change to enhance its arrangements for the provision of independent assurance over the effectiveness of the Council’s arrangements for managing risk, governance and internal control. We are now looking at appointing experienced and qualified individuals to help position this ambitious Service at the heart of the Council’s assurance arrangements. With the first rural devolution deal and a complex service delivery structure that includes group companies and huge change programmes these roles provide ideal opportunities for self-motivated individuals who are looking for new challenges and gaining experience of working in a diversified public sector organisation.
This newly created post reports to the Head of Audit, Risk & Insurance and the post holder will be responsible for developing and delivering the overall strategy and direction of IT and Data Analytics to support the provision of robust, evidence-based, independent assurance opinions to the Council, group of companies and client organisations.
Leading and managing the IT Audit and Data Analytics Team, you will promote utilisation of data mining, data analytics, and informational visualisation across all internal audit engagements. In addition, the IT Audit and Data Analytics Manager will lead and undertake internal audits of informational technology and coordinate the provision of additional IT assurance support from third party experts.
You will be a qualified and experienced IT auditor (CMIIA, CCAB, QIQA, CISA, CISM or CISSP) with demonstrable higher education achievement and a member of a professional body with clear evidence of continuing professional development.
To be successful in the role you will need:
- Significant experience in applying technical proficiency and understanding of IT audit or information security in a large organisation at a Senior Auditor level.
- Considerable experience in utilising specialist computer audit techniques to manage the undertaking of a broad range of IT audits and computer forensic investigations to the required standard.
- Experience of mining large data sets and ability to generate relevant insights using data analytics and visualisation solutions
- Demonstrable experience of being a champion of change – actively engage in important initiatives and projects that align to corporate priorities, promoting and implementing change within the function and across the organisation.
- Ability to influence a diverse senior stakeholder community to develop effective governance, risk management and internal control arrangements.
- Experience in business development, working with external clients and audit committees.
For an informal chat about this post, please contact Simba Muzarurwi, Head of Audit, Risk & Insurance on 01872 323988.
To apply, please click the Apply button.
To see all the opportunities available across Internal Audit, Risk & Insurance Services please visit our vacancy page.
Closing date: 18th March 2018