6 month FTC in the fin-tech team of a public sector organisation based in the City of London. You will be working as a Risk Manager reporting into the Head of Risk. Mixed role of Risk, Governance, Regulatory, GDPR, PSD2 and Open Banking.
This client is a public sector organisation which has been through a large amount of re-structuring and modernisation. As a result of this investment has been provided to allow this organisation to remain in-keeping with the modern age.
The team that this role sits within is a key area of business development and investment for the organisation.
Our client is enhancing their digital platforms so that customers are able to interact and buy products using an 'App' and other related technologies. When embracing this new technology our client see's controls and compliance requirements as key in this age of digital regulation.
The role holder will be a key person in Financial Services and Technology Risk & Regulation plan working to support customers, keep the business safe and contribute to innovation.
- Reporting to the Head of Financial Services & Technology Risk (and with a dotted line into the Business Innovation Director) the role holder will work on both the program and business. This will build on the existing Risk and Control Matrix filling in the gaps, but also working closely and providing support for the Program Risk Register
- Provide detailed updates on the risks and requirements of third parties (including contractual)
- Provide secretariat support for governance forums
- Be responsible for managing and collating MI on program risk and wider risks, including regulatory compliance issues
- To write or contribute towards agreeing standards policies and procedures
- Ensure that hub output is customer centric, properly tested and has considered the potential needs of vulnerable customers
- Have oversight of Program Management Risks i.e. Verticals engagement (initially FRES and POMS), Payments, Customer research and testing, Communications
- To engage on the wider risks register and engage with teams to ensure risks are pro-actively understood and managed i.e. Regulation, Resources, Business case, Key man risk, Expertise- Key people risks/pinch points, Contractual, External environment, Competition and competitor reaction
- Anticipate potential road blocks and dependencies to ensure these are built into the planning process and flagged appropriately to stakeholders.
- Exposure to new technologies, web and telephone apps and the risks and challenges of developing these.
- Proven Risk knowledge
- Knowledge of Open Banking & PSD2
- Fast and flexible approach to learning (fail fast)
- Understanding of new technologies in distribution (particularly financial services)
- Relationship and stakeholder management
- Analytical skills
- Creative Problem solving
- Resilience and tenacity
- Good numeracy skills
- 6 Month FTC
- Fast Paced Environment
- Close working with the Head of Risk and the Team Head of Financial Services & Technology
- Key Stakeholder Engagement
- 1st Line of Defence
- New & developing team
- Matrix structure (room to advice)
- Up to £75,000 + £3,500, pro rata
- City of London
- Risk Manager
- Public Sector, Financial Services, Technology, Fin-Tech