Your new company
A well known public organisation based in Oxford
Your new role
This is a 2 year fixed term contract role with excellent potential for the right candidate to move in to a permanent role within the organisation.
The team is responsible for ensuring that the business meets its requirements under information compliance legislation, including the Data Protection Act (DPA), the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), the Environmental Information Regulations (EIR), the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) and, from May 2018, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The provision of specialist data protection advice and support both in response to specific requests and in connection with planned work. This will include, for example:
- Reviewing and drafting policy and guidance; developing toolkits for privacy impact assessments; reviewing the legal basis for processing activities; drafting privacy notices; and advising on data sharing arrangements.
- Developing new initiatives to address compliance requirements.
- Supporting improvement programmes and projects that are currently underway, including
- Undertaking detailed scoping/planning of proposed work streams
- Managing and maintaining the project plan, ensuring the individual work stream plans are up-to-date, appropriately resourced and on track
- Working closely with stakeholders to understand particular requirements and needs, developing effective working relationships and embedding changes locally;
- Developing an understanding and awareness of information compliance requirements
- This will include: creating teaching materials (including web-based); delivering appropriate educational and training sessions (such as workshops, seminars, committee briefings); and maintaining information compliance webpages.
- Replying to requests under information compliance legislation (for example, subject access requests), in consultation with relevant departments. From May 2018, this will also include requests relating to new rights (for example, the 'right to be forgotten' and restricted processing).
- Responding to data security incidents within strict timeframes, in consultation with the department(s) affected and, where appropriate, the Information Security Team, and maintaining internal records.
What you'll need to succeed
You should have a strong background in information governance/law and broader corporate compliance understanding. You may have a compliance qualification or certification.
What you'll get in return
This is a 2 year FTC role with a good likelihood that there may be longer term career options available -On offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive range of benefits and excellent opportunities to progress within the team and wider business.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.