A FTSE 100 Hi-Tec / Media organisation located in West London requires a talented Group Senior IT Auditor to play a key role in advising and providing assurance to the business and technology functions on risks relating to Information Systems. The position covers all of the organisation's areas of activity and consequently will require up to 50% travel (UK, Italy and Germany) although the extent will depend on the individual’s workload and the cross group requirements.
Working as part of a large team of dedicated IT auditors the primary focus of this role is to provide assurance over the technology operations, infrastructure, developments, projects and associated processes, through evaluating the design, operational effectiveness and efficiency of processes and internal control systems. You will perform in-depth reviews considering risks and opportunities and be responsible for researching, planning and leading audits. You will be responsible for the end to end planning and delivery of engagements assigned to you.
- Managing the planning, performance and report delivery of allocated audit assignments or consulting engagements.
- Building and maintaining a close working relationship with the key stakeholders and decision makers.
- Reviewing, analysing and testing applications, infrastructure, processes and activities to determine that technology is resilient and controls are designed well and operating effectively.
- Providing assurance that development and testing is subject to robust controls prior to deploying new solutions and propositions.
- Co-operating and collaborating with colleagues, peers and management to achieve the objectives of Internal Audit.
- Researching, planning and delivering fieldwork for specialist engagements.
- Identify value arising through partnering with the business and delivering pragmatic, sensible and constructive recommendations.
- Partnering and liaising with the External Auditors as necessary.
Skills & experience:
- A proven track record in IT audit, IT security and/or have had IT operations experience and either are, or intend to become, CISA certified or equivalent.
- You will be deeply familiar with a range of technologies and applications, such as Unix, Oracle, SQL, Active Directory, LDAP, Citrix and have a sound understanding of web applications, including security, and application development methodologies including Agile.
- Strong experience in the end to end delivery of technology audits and a strong understanding of technology applications and infrastructure, IT processes, risks and controls.
- Demonstrable experience in the design, testing and implementation of business continuity plans, incident response processes and crisis management.
- An understanding of network and communication hardware, including routers and firewalls and data storage technologies and protocols, including high/permanent availability, NAS, SAN and cloud services and how important this technology is for commercial success.
- A natural and effective communicator and able to make a compelling argument verbally or in writing. You will be experienced in negotiating with excellent stakeholder management skills and the ability to influence people at a senior level.
- Italian or German language skills would be advantageous.
This is an outstanding career progressive opportunity with a Blue Chip organisation who provide state of the art office facilities and extremely generous employee benefits. The large size of the Audit / IT Audit function enables the potential for increased responsibility and career growth rapidly.
For further information and to register your interest in this exceptional Group Senior IT Auditor position please do apply with your CV details.