Forensic Auditor / Senior Forensic Auditor
My client a fortune 100 global leader with head quarters in the US and offices, plants and facilities in approximately 180 countries spread over all continents of the world. We are searching for a high caliber Forensic Audit professional for the EMEA region to be based in any European country but needs to be near a large city within Europe close enough to a large airport that will enable travel.
Senior Forensic Auditor (Europe/Middle East/Africa – EMEA) position is an exciting and challenging opportunity for a forensic accounting/fraud professional who seeks to advance existing skills and also contribute to building a new corporate function in a fast-paced & diverse international business. The Forensic Auditor/Senior Forensic Auditor role will be a member of the recently launched IAD organization focused on fraud and compliance risks – the Forensic Audit & Compliance Team.
This role requires the ability to frequently work effectively on an independent basis, drive timelines and results, and also be able to work as a role-player contributing within a team setting. Candidates must be experienced in handling confidential matters and sensitive information. This is a virtual office role (meaning the employee will be based in their home country), which involves approximately 35-50% travel, largely in the EMEA region.
Specific job responsibilities of a Forensic Auditor/Senior Forensic Auditor EMEA include:
- Perform FCPA/anti-bribery reviews, financial statement fraud analysis, antitrust reviews, compliance investigations, and innovation program initiatives – both independently and within the context of large team audit projects
- Coach and train Finance & Operations audit teams in compliance risks, such as FCPA/anti-bribery, antitrust, fraud risks, interviewing, and leading edge data analysis techniques. Coach IAD personnel in the field in effective performance of related work modules, including scoping, analysis, targeted sampling techniques, and evaluating audit evidence for indications of potential issues
- Present results and key insights to IAD leadership and other business leaders
- Drive innovation and present new ideas for high-impact, high-value forensic intervention & support
- 3-5 years finance/accounting fraud related experience (Forensic Auditor), 6-8 years finance/accounting fraud related experience (Senior Forensic Auditor)
- MUST include anti-bribery/anti-corruption (FCPA/UK Bribery Act) experience
- Expert level skills in spreadsheet & database programs (MS Excel & MS Access, Idea, ACL, SQL, or any similar platforms)
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including presentation and report writing experience
- Experience in advanced data/statistical analysis tools such as Tableau, Qlik, Spotfire, Alteryx, Attivio, Palantir, SPSS or R a strong plus
- Experience in multiple linear regression analysis, Markov Chain Monte Carlo simulation, agent-based modeling, discrete event modeling, Bayesian inference, or other advanced methods a strong plus
- Relevant interviewing training and experience a strong plus
- CFE, CPA, MBA, or JD a plus