THE GROUP: UNITED TECHNOLOGIES CORPORATION
With revenues of $60 billion, United Technologies Corporation (UTC) is a Fortune 50 company that provides high technology products and services for the aerospace and commercial building industries. Our aerospace businesses include Pratt & Whitney aircraft engines and UTC Aerospace Systems. Our commercial building businesses includes Otis Elevators and escalators; Carrier heating, air-conditioning and refrigeration systems; and fire and security solutions from brands such as Kidde and Chubb. We do business in virtually every country of the world and have over 200,000 employees globally.
Additionally, UTC delivers a premium internal audit service that enables our business segments to achieve superior performance. We drive effective risk management, identify opportunities for enhanced efficiency, foster compliance and facilitate constructive change.
THE POSITION: DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY STAFF AUDITOR
The Digital Technology (DT) Staff Auditor position is an exciting and challenging opportunity for a dynamic audit professional who seeks to build on their existing Information Systems leadership experience through in-depth exposure to a fast-paced international business. The Internal Audit department is developmental in nature and employees are assisted in furthering career goals through placement into business segment roles, after their assignment with our team. This group is seen as a premiere entry point into multiple business segments within UTC.
UTC's Digital Technology Internal Audit team conducts DT risk-based audits and recommends strategic solutions to the business units within UTC's family of companies. Working closely with business unit management, the group utilizes the latest DT audit tools and techniques to ensure that they are conducting value-added audits.
- Examine and verify Information System processes and procedures from internal organizations to determine the reliability and effectiveness of the existing control systems
- Continuously analyze business risk profiles and provide assurance that appropriate risk mitigation is taken
- Understand the relationships between technology, financial, and operational risks and controls
- Provide management with independent and objective reports, evaluations, appraisals, counsel, and recommendations
- Verbally communicate in a clear and concise manner to multiple levels of management
- Support the Global DT Audit Director, company divisions and subsidiaries in a consulting role by evaluating and recommending improvements to business practices, processes, and control procedures
- Participate in quality improvement initiatives
The position is home office based, the location will be considered on a case by case basis in cities with major airport hubs.
THE PROFILE – REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- 3-5 years progressive IT Audit experience preferred. Experience with IT background in one or more technical disciplines including operating system and database, ERP applications or network security will be considered
- BA/BS in Computer Science/MIS
- CISSP or CISA will be considered a plus, however not required
- Demonstrated leadership competencies with the ability to work effectively across all levels and functions within the business
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to facilitate diverse groups towards operational efficiencies
- Strong oral and written communication skills and proven presentation skills
- Proactive and results/metrics driven
- Extensive Travel (around 80%) around Europe, Middle East, Africa (EMEA)
- Legal authorization to work in the European Union
We recognize the contributions of our employees by providing competitive wages and a wide array of benefits. We also make the necessary investments in the success of our workforce with an unequaled commitment to continued training and education, a commitment exemplified by our groundbreaking Employee Scholar Program.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Please email your CV and cover letter in English to Pascale Grimaldi via the form below, quoting the reference DT Auditor.
Please note: You must have Legal authorization to work in the European Union to be eligible for this role.