A Blue Chip organisation located in Central London require a Data Protection Manager to support the Head of Data Protection to embed a global data protection compliance across the Group. Supporting the Head of Data Protection to draft and implement appropriate data protection policies and procedures. The key responsibilities will include:
- Raise awareness and deliver training to promote a positive data culture across the Group.
- Monitor compliance with internal policy and the obligations set out in the relevant laws and regulation, including by carrying out local spot checks, regular reviews and monitoring KPIs.
- Supporting the completion of Data Protection / Data Privacy Impact Assessments;
- Carrying out third party audits as a part of the wider monitoring effort.
- Act as a point of escalation for data incidents, support management of the same and advise in relation to breach reporting requirements.
- Support the investigation of data protection complaints.
- Influence and advise on optimal technical and organisational measures to protect and safeguard personal data in support of the concept of Privacy by Design.
- Maintain ongoing and current knowledge of evolving global data protection and privacy laws.
Skills & Experience
- A Privacy qualification such as CIPP/E or BCS (ISEB).
- Data protection experience a multinational environment and exposure to GDPR.
- A strong understanding of core elements of data protection law and regulation and how it impacts business functions.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with the ability to liaise with and brief senior stakeholders.
- Good attention to detail with the ability to produce high quality reports and presentations.
This is a newly created position working in a well established and highly regarded data protection department. Career development opportunities will be abundant within this World renowned organisation, for further information please do apply with your full CV details.