A Blue Chip organisation located in Central London require a Data Protection Manager to support the Head of Data Protection to embed a global data protection compliance across the Group. The Data Protection Manager will work collaboratively, building and maintaining strong relationships key stakeholders, drive compliance and reduce the data protection risk across the organisation.
- Support the Head of Data Protection to draft and implement appropriate data protection policies and procedures.
- Raise awareness and deliver training to promote a positive data culture across the Group.
- Monitor compliance with internal policy and the obligations set out in the relevant laws and regulation, including by carrying out local spot checks, regular reviews and monitoring KPIs.
- Supporting the completion of Data Protection/Privacy Impact Assessments;
- Carrying out third party audits as a part of the wider monitoring effort.
- Act as a point of escalation for data incidents, support management of the same and advise in relation to breach reporting requirements.
- Support the investigation of data protection complaints.
- Influence and advise on optimal technical and organisational measures to protect and safeguard personal data in support of the concept of Privacy by Design.
- Maintain ongoing and current knowledge of evolving global data protection and privacy laws.
Skills & Experience
- A Privacy qualification such as CIPP/E or BCS (ISEB).
- Data protection experience a multinational environment.
- A strong understanding of core elements of data protection law and regulation and how it impacts business functions.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with the ability to liaise with and brief senior stakeholders.
- Good attention to detail with the ability to produce high quality reports and presentations.
This is a newly created position working in a well established and highly regarded data protection department. Career development opportunities will be abundant within this Word renowned organisation, for further information please do apply with your full CV details.