Our data privacy practice operates nationally and across Europe, and serves clients with strategy, risk and governance advice, deep technical implementation and assurance expertise. The Data Privacy team is part of the wider Technology Solutions team that sits within our Consulting branch.
A Manager in our Data Privacy team provides expert technical advice, guidance and support on data privacy engagements. You will be a privacy generalist with specialisation in specific areas which can be developed as your career develops. This role would suit someone who is conformable working across the multitude of industries/Privacy engagements. We will offer you the opportunities to develop your skills in different areas of cyber security.
You will report to the Head of Data Privacy Services (Senior Manager) in the London office and you will be responsible for delivering Data Privacy projects to clients across the UK and occasionally abroad.
A broad range of clients and sectors are included in the client portfolios in the UK including:
- Financial Services, Banking, Insurance
- Corporates/Private Sector/Large & Listed
- Central and Local Government
The candidate would be expected to contribute relevant skills and experience to the national practice as the need arises.
- Responsibility for executing day to day Data Privacy work and reviews on behalf of a number of clients in the UK and working with the national practice including contributing to client management, and acting as a point of contact for both the Partner and client, ensuring both are kept fully informed of any issues arising and the progress of the work;
- To deliver work to the highest technical standards including ensuring the work is conducted in line with Mazars Quality standards;
- Ensuring all work is undertaken to budget and meets client KPIs;
- To build and develop long term relationships with senior stakeholders across our client organisations as well as within Mazars itself;
- Build and develop strong working relationships with the client, ensuring any problems or requests are dealt with promptly;
- Maintain control and stability under pressure whilst recognising the deadline or urgency to be dealt with;
- Ability to express ideas with authority and conviction throughout verbal and written communication;
- Clearly understand the wider service line capabilities of Technology Solutions and the wider firm and how these may benefit your clients;
- Maintain and develop Privacy knowledge and competencies;
- Ensure that the services provided are genuinely appropriate for the client; and
- Identify and transform opportunities and prospects into new work;
- Strong academic record from a top university
- Privacy certification preferred (CIPP) Qualified in the CIPP/E Certification
- Effective communication skills, verbal and written, including , report writing;
- Negotiation and project management skills;
- Existing business development experience;
- Proven track record of managing multiple complex Privacy engagements, ensuring the delivery of high quality work within the deadline and to budget.
- Experience in delivering Privacy advisory assignments and providing Privacy advice including:
- Privacy Impact Assessment / Privacy Assessments
- Privacy audits/assessments and advice:
- Privacy strategy and governance
- Privacy programme implementation
- Privacy inventories and data flow mapping
- Legitimisation of International Transfers of Personal Information
- Privacy impact assessments (PIAs) for business and technology projects or transformation programmes
- Privacy Training and Awareness
- Privacy Incident Response.
- The ability to effectively lead colleagues to ensure that deliver high-quality work and remain motivated.
- Experience in evaluating problems, identifying core issues and recommending suitable solutions.
- Experience in effectively monitoring/reviewing the progress and performance of others and taking the necessary actions.
- Track record in identifying and converting business development opportunities.
- The capability to simultaneously manage several projects, meet deadlines and manage stakeholder expectations.
- Robust understanding of existing privacy and cyber issues, cyber and privacy security frameworks, privacy engineering technologies, emerging trends, and best practices related to data privacy.