This major multinational financial services organisation is one of the largest businesses of it’s type in the World. However the Cyber Security function is relatively new and so is still small enough that you can enjoy significant responsibility and gain the opportunity to make a real difference in a genuinely friendly and team-focussed environment. The leadership team really do passionately believe that the function “lives or dies by the team” and has a strong ethos of work/life balance – a culture that can be rare to find in financial services.
The business has recently established a state of the art Cybersecurity Lab with the latest vulnerability scanning and pen testing technology. As part of a global team of technology security audit professionals in a technically diverse and dynamic environment you will play a lead role in the delivery of audit and advisory programmes across all aspects of the organisation’s cyber security activities including the audit of key cyber controls, security policies and processes, regulatory aspects and ad-hoc advisory work. There will be a focus on vulnerability analysis and management (including the assessment of incident response, vulnerability management programs, security management and log analysis etc) in addition to a wide range of audits against the organisations cybersecurity framework. You will also be expected to pro-actively support the wider technology team with input into security project implementations, representing cyber security on cross functional IT project teams and support the analysis, design, functional review and interpretation of requirements of security related hardware and software.
This newly created position reports directly in to the local Cyber Security Audit Manager and offers exposure to some very senior stakeholders so relationship building and management skills are key. In addition as the ideal candidate you will:
- Be an experienced Cyber Security audit professional with a minimum of 2-3 years experience – ideally with exposure to the financial services industry
- Be of degree calibre – preferably with a technology related degree
- Have a strong knowledge of key cyber security risks, be able to audit those risks and identify weaknesses in cyber security controls
- Have an understanding of regulations and industry standards such as ISO 27001&2, NIST SP800-53, NIST cyber security framework, etc
- DEFINITELY have the confidence, communication skills and engaging style to be able to build relationships and influence with senior stakeholders and technology professionals right across the organisation
- Be a strong team player with enthusiasm and the genuine ambition to build your career
In return this opportunity offers a basic salary of c£50,000 plus bonus, generous pension, PMI and the opportunity for flexible working